Thursday 15 September 2011

Wedding Gift Thank You Cards


Card/Paper: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant

Ink: Elegant Eggplant

Stamps: Wedding Sweet, Sweet Swirls

Other: Whisper White Satin Ribbon, Cosmos Orchid glitter, Scallop Trim punch, Curly Label, Cropadile

Card Size: 15cm x 10.5cm (approx 4" x 6")

These are the thank you cards I made for my daughter's wedding. Somewhere between these and the save the date cards I posted the other day, there was some wedding stationery, but I still have to work on getting photos of that!

Fairly simple design because I had to make 50 of them. And I finally found a use for my vacuum cleaner! The glitter is stuck on with pva, and once it had dried and hardened overnight, I used the dusting brush attachment on my vacuum to suck off the remaining traces of loose glitter. Normally I use a soft paintbrush to do the job, but 50 cards was proving to be a bit tedious until I switched to the vacuum. It worked really well, and was ten times quicker. My family didn't even bat an eyelid at mum vacuuming her cards!

post signature

5 comments:

Ludkasz said...

very elegant:)

Lynda Hewitt said...

Great to see you back Jo, I smiled when I saw!!

Congratulations on your daughters wedding, it looks beautiful!!

Lynda x

Unknown said...

Stunning cards. I will have to remember my vacuum next time I have glitter everywhere LOL

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

CRAFTY CAZ said...

your cards really are beautiful :)) xxx

Myrna Marcano said...

Sweet and lovely card. Great job!
Hugs, Myrna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...