Sunday 25 September 2011

Two Frame Cards


More photos from the archives! These two cards were both made using one Marianne die set called Straight Frame LR0111. A couple of additional punches - the leaves on the one above were from a Martha Stewart punch, the little butterflies were a Woodware punch and the centres of the smaller flowers on the card below were a Woodware snowflake punch.

On the card above, the frame was cut out of a single layer of card, and sponged before sticking to the base card in the centre and on all of the points. Under each curve there is a foam pad, so that the frame has a ripple effect up and down around the edge. Not that easy to see on the photo, but adds a nice bit of dimension. On the card below the frame was cut out of a folded piece of card, with the fold just skimming below the top of the curves to create the hinge. A layer of card has been added to the centre of both the front and the inside back to add a bit of strength and stability to the card base. The die cut base, and the centre layer have both been sponged to bring out the detail of the embossing (which is done by the die as well).

I still can't decide which one I prefer!

post signature


15 comments:

Beate said...

I love both of them.... They are great!!!!!

MamaBeate

Claire said...

Two gorgeous cards Joanne - love the both, very pretty. Hugs, Claire x

Ludkasz said...

All Your works are beautiful:)

Lana Clarke said...

beautiful creations
Lana x

Katrin said...

Очень красиво! Цветочки очаровательные!!!

Love crafts forever said...

Gorgeous cards.
Hugs Nataliya

Bon said...

There lovely Joanne, so glad to see you are back:) Take care Mariaan xxx

Foxycrafts said...

These are stunning, Joanne. I love them both.

Love Joan xx

Karen W said...

Gorgeous cards, I love that frame, need to get it out and play again.

Gaby said...

Wow.....two more beautiful cards. I couldn't say which one looks better either.
They both are soooo pretty.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my they are both just Gorgeous, I will have to say I love the shape of the card in the second, lovely colors in the flowers!

Linny said...

Both stunning cards. think I need this die. Linda

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

wow,Jaonna it is simply stunning your detail is just Lovely and so fantastic, I love it. I do love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!! How creative and so beautifully done. Please take a look on my Blogspot.
Hugs from Marina.

Unknown said...

Stunning cards. Lovely sculpted flowers. Love the way you used the frames. I am going to have to keep that idea in mind.

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Marna said...

Adorable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...