Sunday 11 September 2011

Thomas

I was browsing through my card photo file, to see what I could put up today, and came across this one that I made back in June for my new son-in-law's birthday. (I like to send grown up cards!)

I googled a colouring page image of Thomas, which I downloaded and took into Photoshop to re-size and print out a few copies. I then cut them into templates to paper piece him with various colours of SU card stock. On most of the pieces I sponged the edges to give them some dimension. All of the pieces were stuck onto a base piece cut from blue card to the outline shape of the engine. I hand drew the face, copying the one on the colouring picture.

I stamped the brown for the sleepers with the retiring Sanded background stamp, and spritzed the ground with the Colour Spritzer tool and a marker. The rails are made from three layers of card stuck together, with a little slit in them where the wheels slot in to hold the card open.

You can see from this back view that the card is an easel card, with a front flap that is shorter and narrower than the back of the card. The greeting is written on the underside.


9 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Joanne,I love your Thomas card,its fabulous.
Sue x

Unknown said...

That's fantastic Joanne! A great way to use an easel card!

Sheena
xxx

Conniecrafter said...

Aren't you just the clever one this turned out terrific, awesome easel card!

Michelle said...

what a great concept card. I love your blog and have subscribed to it at last after all these years of stalking you. :)

Unknown said...

Such a great idea. Reminds me of when my son was little and loved Thomas.
Love the way you made it an easel card.

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Gaby said...

Perfect for an easel card. So clever.

Pam Sparks said...

LOVE this! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are so clever! It's really nice to see you back blogging again Joanne. P.S. Thank you for the email reply I received from you too.

Grenouille Greetings said...

I am so enjoying strolling through your blog Joanne! This little guy is a real hit! Hugs, Lesley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...