Thursday 13 November 2008

Simple Gift Box


Ingredients:

Card/Paper: Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Stiffener Sheet from Designer Paper Pack
Ink: Perfect Plum, Mellow Moss
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes

Method:

I made this box to hold 6" x 6" designer papers to give as a gift. After cutting all the designer paper from my recent paper share, I had all the stiffener cards from the packs, so I used two of those to make the box. It's just a very simple box measuring about 3/4" high and holds exactly one share of the paper.

To decorate the box I cut a band of Perfect Plum card from the length of an A4 sheet, and about 6cm wide. It doesn't wrap all the way around the box, but goes far enough underneath the oval scallops for the edges to be covered up. The scallops were cut and embossed using Nestabilities in my Cuttlebug.

For the image, I stamped the dotted stem stamp from Pocket Silhouettes in Mellow Moss three times - each time I made a first stamping on scrap paper to get a lighter impression. Then I inked up the little flower stamp using Perfect Plum and Mellow Moss markers and stamped that over the background stamping. I repeated the image four times, putting the stamp at different heights and angles each time. I placed a post it note across the bottom of the oval to mask off where I didn't want any stamping.

The band is not fixed to the box, but slips off to enable stroking of all the lovely papers inside, and on again to keep the box closed - and the papers safe!

post signature

2 comments:

Gill said...

What a beautiful stamp and idea. Looking forward to joining you for some stamping and fun on Wednesday.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Joanne, this is so lovely hun, thank youso much for this, i really do appreciate it. Hugs to you Linda x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...